Professional development for NY State School Counselors, and college and career planning tools for students.
Guidance Direct is a tool for guidance departments and counselors. It was developed in collaboration with New York State Directors of Guidance and designed exclusively for New York State counseling professionals. Guidance Direct provides the tools counselors need to manage their workloads efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to students.
Guidance Direct is updated regularly with the latest information on NY State guidance requirements, and provides a centralized portal for obtaining answers to counseling questions, networking with colleagues across NY State, searching college and scholarship databases, and accessing career planning information.
Features and Benefits:
- Online knowledge base of topical questions and answers created by fellow New York guidance professionals and the Guidance Direct research staff.
- Online professional development workshops presented by leading subject matter experts and designed exclusively for NY State Counselors.
- Electronic messaging system between counseling professionals across New York State enables immediate information sharing, networking and communications with an extensive network of professionals.
- Professional research staff available to help you investigate school counseling related topics, research best practices and get answers to questions.
- NYSED requirements and update notifications make it even easier to stay up-to-date on the latest counseling and guidance related information and requirements.
- Electronic library of the latest New York State guidance related requirements, NYSED documents, professional development information, and publications.
- Summary and Accountability Reports enabling counseling professionals to produce real-time summary reports to demonstrate college and career planning program performance, and plot planning activities.
- College and scholarship search engines and college planning tools designed exclusively for New York School Counselors, students and parents.
- Career planning tools including a validated interest inventory, occupational database and resume writer provide the information you and students need to help meet NY CDOS learning standards.